The main objectives of the programme are to:
- Design and offer a doctoral programme in rural management;
- Implement an appropriate admission procedure for identifying and admitting potential scholars and educators;
- Design and implement appropriate pedagogy for facilitating rural management education among participants;
- Facilitate the development of academic/ scholarly orientation among participants;
- Design and implement evaluation methods that help assess the growth of participants and their guidance needs;
- Provide guidance in identifying research areas and topics. Further, provide guidance in development of research proposals, conduct of research and thesis writing;
- Help create general and specific competencies in teaching, executive education, consulting research, research review and editorship;
- Promote an inter-disciplinary orientation among all participants;
- Provide a boost to the scholarship and pedagogy of the Institute by linking and contributing to the academic processes;
- Do whatever necessary to foster a rich academic environment with a concern strongly aligned with the Institute’s mission.
Institute of Rural Management, Post Box No. 60, Anand 388001, Gujarat, India
Contact: 02692-260391,260181 Fax: 02692-260188
This site is best viewed with resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels on Internet Explorer version 8 and above, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
Copyright © 2013 IRMA