Sponsored Applicants for Certificate in Rural Management (CRM)
IRMA’s designated organisations can sponsor their employees (executives and officers) for Certificate in Rural Management (CRM) or Post Graduate Diploma in rural Management (PRM). PRM offers flexibility to working executives and officers who are sponsored by IRMA’s designated organisations. The sponsored applicants can complete the programme in two years, or they can opt for a Certificate in Rural Management (CRM) at the end of the first year. CRM holders have an option of rejoining within three years and completing the second year of the programme to obtain a PGDRM. If rejoining within three years, they have to submit “NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE (NOC)” from their organisation.
Those sponsored applicants who cannot meet the minimum academic standards will only be given a certificate of participation specifically addressed to their employers. CRM is not open to non-sponsored applicants.
At present, about 650 organisations have been designated by IRMA. Sponsored applicants are required to fulfil the following conditions for admission to IRMA:
- The applicant should hold a bachelor’s degree, in any discipline, from a recognised university/institution.
- The applicant should have worked with the sponsoring organisation for a minimum period of two years (as on May 30, 2013) on a continuous basis as a full-time, regular employee.
- The sponsoring organisation should be willing to grant uninterrupted leave to the applicant (if selected) for the period of study at IRMA.
- The sponsoring organisation should undertake to make arrangements for payment of fees and other dues of the applicant to IRMA.
- The applicant should apply to IRMA by using any one option available in point 3.3
- The applicant should appear for the written test, the Group Activity and Personal Interview.
- The applicant should score above the minimum cut-off point set for admissions.
- The applicant should produce evidence of sponsorship from the sponsoring organisation.
- If rejoining within three years for completing the second year of the programme to obtain a “PGDRM”, she/he must be working with same organisation who sponsored she/he for the CRM and need to submit “NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE (NOC)” from them.
Essential for Sponsored Applicants: Sponsored applicants should attach a certificate from their employer as per declaration of sponsorship form available on IRMA website, stating that they will be sponsored, if selected, along with the application form.If the sponsorship certificate is not enclosed, or if the organisation where the applicant is working is not a designated organisation of IRMA, the application of the applicant will be treated at par with the applications of other, non-sponsored applicants. The sponsoring organisation must clearly specify the duration of the sponsorship and provide other details as per declaration of sponsorship form available on IRMA website. Employers willing to sponsor applicants may write directly to the Admissions Office, IRMA for clarification, if any.