The Centre for Social Entrepreneurship and Enterprises (CSEE) is one of the original four Centres of Excellence approved by a grant from the Government of India in 2013. The grant was given to conduct research and activities for the advancement of knowledge and practice in various domains. CSEE's aim is to create a vibrant ecosystem for the promotion of social entrepreneurship and enterprises at IRMA and its partners.
CSEE expects to achieve this through
- Action research and consultancy on social entrepreneurship and enterprises focused on understanding challenges of enterprise at different stages- ideation, germination, start-up, early stage and growth and maturity.
- Customized training and teaching on entrepreneurship
- Mentoring and networking of social enterprises
- Enabling an entrepreneurial culture at IRMA by encouraging student bodies to carry out live projects, business plan competitions, and working with social enterprises in their field components.
- Seeding newer initiatives of IRMA students and alumni and enabling incubation of ideas and enterprises
- Linking with like-minded educational institutions, state and Central Governments, incubators, accelerators, and impact investors to promote rural and social entrepreneurship