IRMA has set up five Centres of Excellence approved by the Government of India:
- Center for Sustainable Livelihoods
- Center for Rural Infrastructure and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Center for Social Entrepreneurship and Enterprises
- Center for Public Policy and Governance
- Centre for Rural-Urban Dynamics
These Centers were inaugurated by Dr. Mihir Shah, Member Planning Commission and member of the IRMA Board on April 12, 2013.
The five centers create an enabling climate for knowledge enhancement in tandem with the Think Tank Initiative and RBI Endowment Unit, both floated with the idea of encouraging policy-oriented research.