Library Service Hours
The library remains open on all days of the week with following timings:
Monday to Friday: 09.30 - 24.00 hrs
Saturday: 09.30 - 22.00 hrs
Sunday: 11.30 - 24.00 hrs
Members and their Privileges
The library is primarily intended for use by faculty, students, staff, research, academic, and other members of the IRMA community. Each member is enrolled as a library member. The categories of members and their privileges are listed as follows:
|Entitlement for Books
|| Loan Duration
| PRM participants
| FPRM participants
|As per the duration of the programme
| Research/Academic Associates/SRF/JRF
| Support Staff
Institutional and Alumni Membership
Various membership categories are listed below:
Annual Membership Fee & Privileges
Fee: Rs. 1000/- (per ticket)
Book borrowing facility: one book per ticket
Deposit: Rs. 5,000/-
Book borrowing facility: 5 books
Note: Granting of membership at the discretion of the Convenor, Library Committee
Download application form: Institutional Alumni
Library Rules and Regulations
- The librarian allots the carrels available in the library to the users as per need and availability.
- Bar-coded identity cards are issued to all the participants. These identity cards are non-transferable and remain effective for the duration of their programme. Books will be issued only against the identity cards.
- Loss of identity card should be immediately reported to the library and a duplicate will be issued only after verifying the issue record. A fee of Rs.100/- will be charged for issuing a duplicate identity card. However, the user will be responsible for any misuse of the original identity card. In case the original identity card is found, the user should return the same to the library. If the user is found using both the original and the duplicate identity cards she/he will be penalized heavily. The Convener, Library Committee, will decide about the extent of penalty.
- Reference books and back volumes of periodicals will be available for OVERNIGHT ISSUE only. Such material(s) will have to be returned the next working day within one hour of the opening time of the library. Defaulters will be penalized at the rate of Rs.5/- per book/periodical per hour.
- MTS/DIS/FW/OTS Reports will have to be referred to within the library. Photocopying of these reports is not allowed.
- The timing for issue of book/periodicals and photocopying will be as follows.
Issue of books:
- 9.30 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. (Monday to Saturday)
11.30 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. (Sunday)
OVERNIGHT issue of loose/bound periodicals: 6.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m.
- New books will be issued only after complete processing.
- Participants wishing to reserve any book may contact the library staff at the circulation counter and submit a request for the required book. Such participants will be intimated about the availability of the document on its return.
- Participants are entitled to borrow four books at a time for a period of 15 days. The books should be returned on the due date. Books may be renewed only once if there is no demand from other users. For renewing, the book(s) should be brought to the library. In case a participant leaves Anand for a long tour/leave/vacation and is not expected to return before the due date, then she/he should return or renew the book(s) issued before leaving Anand.
- Issue and Return of the books
For issue of books members should present the book (s) along with their identity card to the staff at the circulation counter. A member should put his/her signature and date on the book card provided in the book pocket before the presentation. After necessary checking the library staff will issue the book by putting the due date on the due date label and return the book to the borrower. Books should be brought in physically for return and renewals. The books are discharged by replacing the book cards in the book pockets after necessary checking.
- Overdue Charges
If a book is not returned to the library on the due date, the participant shall have to pay overdue charges @ Re 2/- per day. Overdue charges will be collected in cash at the circulation counter. Absence and illness are not acceptable excuses for exemption from paying an overdue charge.
- The library can recall the books issued to a participant at any time if required. However, if a book is issued to a faculty member priority will be given to the faculty’s requirement.
- Only two books, or as determined by the librarian, will be issued to the participants during their FW/MTS/DIS.
Inter-Library Loan Facilities
- For documents not available in IRMA Library, arrangements could be made to borrow them from other libraries. Materials borrowed from other libraries will be issued to the participants as per the availability. The ILL material should not be retained for more than 15 days.
- The present rates for photocopying on A4 and A3 size paper are Re 1/- and Rs. 2/- respectively. These rates are subject to change as needed from time to time.
- Any participant who leaves the institute shall return the identity card and pay overdue charges, if any, to get the ‘NO DUES’ certificate from the Librarian.
- Participants coming to and leaving the library will have to sign the register kept at the circulation counter in the library.
- Personal belongings such as bags, briefcases, umbrellas, etc. are not allowed inside the library and will have to be kept at the circulation counter.
- Participants leaving the library should allow the security staff at the property counter to examine their belongings, and also get the issued library documents counter-checked by him.
- Participants are requested to maintain SILENCE within the library premises.
- Smoking, chewing pan/tobacco/gutka/eatables, and having coffee/tea/snacks are not permitted inside the library.
- Participants are requested to turn their mobiles into ‘SILENT’ or ‘DISCREET’ mode while inside the library.
- Participants will be responsible for the materials borrowed from the library. If material borrowed from the Library is lost/damaged (mutilated/disfiguring of pages), the borrower will have to replace the document or pay the replacement cost of the document. In case of out-of-print documents, the borrower will have to pay the cost of photocopying the same and also pay a fine equal to the cost of the document.
- If a book belonging to a set is lost, the borrowers will replace the entire set at their own cost and take the remaining books of the set in the library with them.
- Reference materials including books, current newspapers and periodicals must be used in the reference section only. Bound volumes and back issues in the periodicals section must be placed in the book trolley or adjacent table after their use. Periodicals needed for long-term use must be placed in the designated areas only.
- Participants will be responsible for the materials borrowed from the Library. If a material borrowed from the Library is lost/damaged (mutilated/disfiguring of pages), the Borrower will have to replace the book within 30 days from reporting, along with overdue charges, plus 15% processing fees. If the lost book is out of print and if the borrower is unable to replace it, he/she will have to pay the prevailing cost of the book, plus 15% processing fee.
- Participants are requested to ensure that all the documents taken out of the library are properly issued. In case anyone is found taking out any library material without properly issuing it, the person will be heavily penalized. The Library Committee or librarian shall have the authority to debar such persons from entering the library and using its facilities until the Director and/or such body as may be deputed by the Director for overseeing the disciplinary action has cleared the matter.
Action under the General Rules in IRMA
The following will be treated as misconduct to be reported to the PRM coordinator for action under the relevant rules of IRMA:
- Unauthorized removal of library documents,
- Mutilation and disfiguring of library documents,
- Removing pages from the library documents,
- Non-response to the intimations of library for return of documents; and
- Misbehaviour with the library staff on duty.