The Fellow Programme in Management - FPM (RM) is a doctoral-level programme in Rural Management approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). FPM (RM) is for aspirants and professionals seeking careers in research, teaching, and specialized knowledge based positions in institutions of higher learning, research, and development organizations.
FPM (RM) is a doctoral/Ph.D. level research programme in Rural Management leading to the title of "Fellow in Management (Rural Management)". It has a minimum residency requirement of two and a half years. Participants of the programme get associated with one basic disciplinary area even though the topic of research they pursue could have interdisciplinary perspectives. In order to make it more resilient, the FPM (RM) curriculum has been recently redesigned based on the recommendations of a review committee. The curriculum of 2018 carries many of the new features recommended.
Overall Goals of the Progamme:
- Promote scholarship and build knowledge in the field of Rural Management;
- Develop scholars and teachers in Rural Management; and
- Stimulate academic and research work in IRMA.
Specific Objectives of the Progamme:
- Design of the doctoral programme in rural management; this includes admission, appropriate pedagogy benchmarked with good quality programs and in line with the regulatory bodies.
- Facilitate the development of academic/ scholarly orientation among participants.
- This includes providing guidance in identifying research areas and topics.
- Help create general and specific competencies in teaching, executive education, consulting research, research review and editorship.
- Promote an inter-disciplinary orientation among participants.